We are seeking a Machine Turner for the manufacture of machine tool spindles and other general precision enginering duties. The role will involve the assembly of precision spindles to our exacting standards, liasing with the company directors and carrying out duties in a professional and timley manner, representing Spindle Services when on customer premises.
Competitive hourly rate and the hours of work are 39 hours per week. Working hours are:
- Start Time: 07.30 hrs Finish Time: 16.30 hrs Monday - Thursday
- Friday 07.30 hrs - 12.00 hrs
- Lunch: 12.30 hrs - 13.00 hrs (Must be taken except in exceptional circumstances)
- Breaks: Morning 10.00 hrs - 10.15 hrs and afternoon 15.00 hrs - 15.10 hrs
- 3 minutes for wash up
- The company does not currently provide beverages
- Lunch break is excluded from the working hours
- Morning and afternoon breaks are included in the working hours
- The successful applicant will have a 'can-do' attitude and will not be afraid to help out with various tasks around the factory as and when required.
The main duties of the Machine Turner are:
- Machining of components to Spindle Services Standards in an economical fashion.
- Use of CNC Lathes including setting and programming of machine (XYZ Prototrak control), Manual Lathes, Milling Machines, External Grinders, Internal Grinders, Surface Grinders, Offhand Grinders, Jig Grinders, Band Saw, Tub Grinders, Reciprocating Saw, Diamond Lap, etc. as required to produce components to drawing tolerances.
- Inspection of components as required using the various inspection facilities available. Preparation of reports may be required on occasion for specific customers.
- Frazing and de-magnetization of parts for build.
- Preparation of raw material as required (e.g. cutting to length, etc.)
- Identification of tooling requirements for production purposes and procurement of tooling as required in conjunction with production engineering.
- Planning of workflow through machining section in conjunction with production engineering.
- Identifying potential improvements in productivity and liasing with production engineering as required to implement improvements.
- Cleaning down machines on a daily basis to enable a good level of housekeeping to be maintained.
- Organisation of tooling and fixturing to allow easy access to all machinists and easy identification.
- To Maintain a Good Level of Housekeeping.
- Problem solve within the team and independently.
- Other Tasks as specified by Supervisors and/or Directors.
Salary: Spindle Services offers a competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Holidays: Holiday entitlement is 33 days per year, including statutory days.
Clothing: The company will provide overalls, safety glasses and safety shoes for all machine operatives and fitters.
Sickness: In the event of sickness, notify a foreman or director before 10.00 hrs. Payment for periods of absence due to authorised sickness will be made in accordance with the current legislative Statutory Sick Pay Scheme (SSP).
Pension: Spindle Services offers a company pension scheme in line with its statutory obligation, which comes into effect after the probationary period.
If you enjoy working in a busy, precision engineering environment and believe you are suitable for any of our roles, please email your CV to email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)24 7663 7771
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you're looking for someone to design and manufacture your spindle to exacting quality standards, please contact us today to discuss your requirements. We'll be happy to talk to you about the wide range of tailored services we can offer, make suggestions and provide you with an extremely competitive quote.